The 78th Annual Silver Spur Rodeo Parade, will take place Saturday, February 4, 2023.
2023 Parade Theme: HOME ON THE RANGE
PARADE ENTRANTS PLEASE TAKE NOTICE OF UPDATED PARADE ROUTE. PLEASE COPY LINK TO YOUR BROWSER TO VIEW:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!!
Parade Official Rules and Regulations
TO ENTER: Complete and return the registration form, prior to January 30, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.. Late entries must be approved by the Rodeo Committee prior to acceptance in the parade and will be put at the end of the parade lineup. Parade lineup and staging information will be published online prior to the parade on our Facebook page and/or www.yumarodeo.com. Parade starts at 9:30 a.m.
FLOATS: May carry only the name of the sponsoring firm or organization, in addition to the Parade Theme wording. ALL FLOATS MUST USE A WESTERN THEME OR CURRENT PARADE THEME. No other themes will be accepted.
EQUESTRIAN: Entries should note that arrangements have been made to stable horses at the Yuma County Fairgrounds, 2520 E. 32nd Street. A fee will be charged for stables. Please use the West Gate entrance on Pacific Avenue, across from Wal-Mart. STRAW IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE STALLS AND MUST BE CLEANED UPON CHECKING OUT! Please bring your own feed and water buckets. To be eligible for judging, entries must be in place no later than 8:00 a.m.
ROYALTY: All Rodeo Royalty entries must be pre-approved by the Silver Spur Rodeo, Inc. Royalty Director and must be from a PRCA sanctioned rodeo. Please call the Silver Spur Rodeo Royalty Director, Randi Smith at (928) 210-4900 prior to submitting your completed application. Silver Spur Rodeo, Inc. has the right to refuse any applicants
GENERAL RULES: All participants/entrants must be uniformed or appropriately attired in Western Wear or current parade theme. Any entry consisting of advertising or expressing social, political, religious, etc. views will not be allowed.
• Forward motion must be maintained at all times
• Children under the age of nine (9) years MUST ride
• If entrant or participant is under the age of eighteen (18) years, age must be given and entry form must be signed by a parent and/or guardian
• No loud noises or explosions allowed
• No Silly String spray allowed down parade route
• NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO THROW ITEMS OF ANY KIND TO THE CROWD, INCLUDING CANDY
• Violating entries will be expelled
SILVER SPUR RODEO, INC. HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY APPLICANTS
TROPHIES: Will be presented at the beginning of the parade. Winners not receiving trophies may pick them up by calling Silver Spur Rodeo, Inc. at (928) 344-5451
JUDGING: To be judged, you must be in place no later than 8:00 a.m. when judging starts. Judge decisions are final. NO EXCEPTIONS!
See the following page for the different categories that will be judged.
CLASSIFICATIONS OF ENTRIES AND FEES (One Sweepstakes trophy will be awarded for best entry in parade and one Rodeo Chairman’s Choice trophy will be awarded)
EQUESTRIAN: 1st Place award presented
1. Matched Western Pair
2. Mounted Color Guard
3. Mounted Riding Group(3 or more riders)
4. Hitch Drawn Vehicle
5. Charro Group
FLOATS: 1st Place award presented (Floats with sound system must be contained in low volume)
1. Community Organization
2. Commercial Organization
3. Youth groups
4. Religious Organization
VEHICLES – 1st place award presented
1. Auto Club (5 cars per entry)
MISCELLANEOUS GROUPS (No trophies presented):
1. Color Guard (Please contact Silver Spur Rodeo, Inc. (928) 344-5451)
2. Rodeo Royalty (Must be pre-approved and from PRCA sanctioned rodeo. Please contact Silver Spur Rodeo, Inc. Royalty Director, Randi Smith at (928) 210-4900 prior to submitting your completed application) If any Royalty are wanting to be judged, you MUST enter as an Equestrian Group and not under Royalty.
3. Marching Bands/Groups (Each marching band will receive either a plaque or certificate for participation)