The 74th Annual Silver Spur Rodeo Parade, will take place on February 9, 2019 at 9:30am.
2019 Parade Theme: HONOR OUR HEROES
2019 Parade Route:
PARADE ENTRANTS PLEASE TAKE NOTICE: ALL STAGING WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE DIRT LOT ON MAIDEN LANE. THE ROUTE WILL BE AS FOLLOWS: NORTH ON MAIDEN LANE TO 2ND STREET, WEST ON 2ND STREET TO MAIN STREET, SOUTH ON MAIN STREET TO GISS PARKWAY, WEST ON GISS PARKWAY TO 2ND AVENUE, SOUTH ON 2ND AVENUE TO 4TH STREET, WEST ON 4TH STREET TO 4TH AVENUE, SOUTH ON 4TH AVENUE TO 12TH STREET. PARADE ROUTE MAP WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED COOPERATION!!
Parade Official Rules and Regulations
To Enter: Complete and return the registration form, prior to January 30, 2019. Late entries must be approved by the Rodeo Parade Committee prior to acceptance in the parade and will be put at the end of the parade lineup. Parade lineup and staging information will be published prior to the parade. Parade starts at 9:30 a.m.
Floats:May carry only the name of the sponsoring firm or organization, in addition to the Parade Theme wording. ALL FLOATS MUST USE A WESTERN THEME OR CURRENT PARADE THEME. No other themes will be accepted. To be eligible for judging, floats must be in position no later than 8AM.
Trophies: Will be presented at the beginning of the parade. Winners not receiving trophies may pick them up by calling the Silver Spur Rodeo Office at (928) 344-5451
Judging: To be eligible for judging, you must be in place no later than 8AM. Judges decisions are final. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Equestrian: Entries should note that arrangements have been made to stable horses at the Yuma County Fairgrounds, 2520 E. 32nd Street. A fee will be charged for stables. Please use the West Gate entrance on Pacific Avenue, across from Wal-Mart. STRAW IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE STALLS AND MUST BE CLEANED UPON CHECKING OUT! Please bring your own feed and water buckets. To be eligible for judging, entries must be in place no later than 8AM.
Royalty All Rodeo Royalty entries must be pre-approved by the Silver Spur Rodeo Royalty Director and must be from a PRCA sanctioned rodeo. Please call the Silver Spur Rodeo Office at (928) 344-5451 prior to submitting your completed application. Silver Spur Rodeo Committee has the right to refuse any applicants
All participants/entrants must be uniformed or appropriately attired in Western Wear or parade theme. Any entry consisting of advertising or expressing social, political, religious, etc. views will not be allowed.
- Forward motion must be maintained at all times
- Children under the age of nine (9) years MUST ride
- If entrant or participant is under the age of eighteen (18) years, age must be given and entry form must be signed by a parent and/or guardian
- No loud noises or explosions allowed
- No Silly String spray allowed down parade route
- NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO THROW ITEMS OF ANY KIND TO THE CROWD, INCLUDING CANDY
- Violating entries will be expelled
- Silver Spur Rodeo, Inc. has the right to refuse applicants
Classifications of Entries and Fees
Equestrian: 1st Place award presented
- Matched Western Pair
- Mounted Color Guard
- Mounted Riding Group(3 or more riders)
- Hitch Drawn Vehicle
- Charro Group
Floats: $30.00 Commercial (One Sweepstakes trophy will be awarded for best entry in parade and one Rodeo Chairman’s Choice trophy will be awarded. 1st Place award presented. Floats with sound system must be contained in low volume.
- Community Organization
- Commercial Organization
- Youth groups
- Religious Organization
Vehicles: 1st place award presented (Vehicles w/advertisements – $25.00)
- Auto Club (5 cars per entry)
- Color Guard (Please contact Silver Spur Rodeo Office at (928) 344-5451)
- Royalty (Must be pre-approved and from PRCA sanctioned rodeo. Please contact Silver Spur Rodeo Office at (928) 344-5451 prior to submitting your completed application) If Royalty are wanting to be judged, you must enter as an Equestrian Group rather than Royalty.
- Marching Bands/Groups